Our vision is to create beautiful, premium quality denim products that can be loved, worn and serviced for life. We truly believe that sustainability begins with great design. Our product designs balance innovation, with a respect for tradition and attention to deal - a combination so unique, it makes your pulse quicken and your mouth water.
Our values are centred on three pillars: people, product and presentation. Now, more than ever with, the health and safety of our employees and customers remain our top priority. Together we stand united. This ambition, combined with our drive to offer the best products in the most responsible way possible, means we deliver top quality results in all areas of our business.
Design Mantra: Worship tradition, destroy convention
Our design process strikes a balance between tradition and innovation, driven by the pioneering spirit of the original blue jean. We approach design with inventive solutions and confident European modernism while honouring old-world craftsmanship.
Tagline: "The Truth is in the Details"
Our brand philosophy is rooted in a passion for two things: details and truth. The details are what distinguish us, define us and drive us. The truth is inherently inside us and determines how we approach our work. Together, this is what makes us unique, above average. The details are what makes us, us. The details are our truth.
How to Wash & Care for your DENHAM garments
Love your DENHAM
Once you've invested in our premium quality denim items, it's important you properly take care of your garment. Not only will this prolong the lifespan of your jeans, jacket or skirt, but it will also help them age better and tell a story - your story.We recommend that you hand-wash your DENHAM jeans at home after six months, to maintain the best fit and increase the lifespan. Why? The more often you wash denim, the more you will wear and tear the fabric down.
If you do happen to spill something on your jeans in-between wears or accidentally stain them, use a damp cloth or small brush with a gentle soap to remove the stains and then let them air-dry outside if possible. The fresh air will also help remove any odours the jeans may have picked up.
You can always use our DENHAM Denim Refresh spray to revive your jeans in between washes.
Read through our DENHAM care guide below to learn more on caring for your denim jeans.
How to hand-wash your DENHAM Jeans
We recommend that you hand-wash your DENHAM jeans in a bathtub. If you don't happen to have one at home, then don't worry - a deep bucket will also work in a pinch.
But before you begin washing your DENHAM garments, please, please double check your bathtub or bucket to make sure there are no chemical or cleaning product residues in it! The last thing you would want is to accidentally bleach your DENHAM jeans instead of cleaning them!
DENHAM's 10 steps to washing your denim jeans at home:
- Check your pockets, close the buttons and turn the jeans inside out. This step is important, as it helps preserve the colour of the denim.
- Fill the bathtub with cold water to lukewarm water. Add some gentle soap or a denim wash and let it dissolve in the water.
- Completely submerge the jeans, laying them flat in the water, for 30 to 45 minutes. You may need to add some weights to hold them down. Don’t be alarmed if the water turns blue! It’s normal that virgin or raw denim will bleed a little, especially on the first wash.
- Once fully soaked, dip the jeans in and out of the water a few times.
- Lightly brush the fabric surface with a gentle brush and a little bit of soap. Be sure you do not use anything too abrasive, and always brush in the direction of the fabric.
- Place the jeans back in the tub and rinse thoroughly until clean. Refresh the water as many times as needed.
- Once clean, remove the jeans from the bathtub or bucket and turn them right-side-out.
- Pull them into shape and let them air dry vertically. If you can, do this step outside, as they’ll drip water for a while.
- Let them air dry for at least 48 hours.
- Voila, you have a clean pair of DENHAM jeans to enjoy!
If this sounds like a lot of work, then why not visit one of our stores with a DENHAM Service Co. bar? Our specialist team will hand-wash your jeans for you, DENHAM style. For more information on our denim Streetwash, visit our Sustainability section here.
How to machine wash your DENHAM Jeans
We always advise that you hand-wash your DENHAM jeans whenever possible, but you may opt to machine wash them occasionally - especially if they contain a higher amount of stretch. However, please remember that the washing machine can be a rough place for denim, so avoid using it unless it is absolutely necessary.
DENHAM's 5 steps to machine washing your denim at home:
- Close the fly/buttons and turn your jeans inside-out. Place them inside the washing machine.
- Add a small amount of gentle detergent and choose a gentle cycle.
- Be sure to wash at 30°C, or less so the heat does not damage the cotton or stretch fibres.
- When done, take them out of the machine, turn right-side-out and pull into shape by stretching the legs.
- Hang vertically and let the jeans air dry, preferably outside if possible. A kind reminder from us: never put your jeans in a dryer! It will damage the fabric and fade the colour.
How to wash & care for your DENHAM Garments
Our garments are made from premium, high-quality fabrics, designed to last season in and season out. However, some fabrics are more delicate and require special care when washing, to ensure they last as long as possible. Always refer to the care label inside your DENHAM garment before washing them.
Here are some tips on how to wash and care for some of the more delicate DENHAM fabrics:
- Cashmere: Hand-wash or machine wash on gentle at 30 ° with fabric softener. Air dry before ironing on a low temperature inside out.
- Linen: Machine wash on gentle at 30 °. Air dry before ironing on a low temperature inside out.
- Wool: Machine wash on gentle at 30 °. Air dry before ironing on a low temperature inside out.
- Loose Tension Cotton: Machine wash on gentle at 30 °. Air dry before ironing on a low temperature inside out.
- Double-Face Technical Fleece: Machine wash on gentle at 30 ° inside out with fabric softener. Air dry before ironing on a low temperature inside out.
- Cupro: Hand-wash with a mild detergent. Air dry before ironing on low temperature inside out.
- Sateen: Hand-wash or dry clean only.
- Garment-Dyed Fabrics: Machine wash on gentle at 30 ° inside out with similar colours. Air dry.
Wear & Repair
Excessive wearing will create beautiful lines and fading on your DENHAM denim garments, but down the road, it will eventually lead to wear and tear. But don’t worry, this will only bring more character and life to your DENHAM jeans. When signs of serious wear and potential tear start to appear, just visit our in-store Service Co. for custom repairs. Every pair of DENHAM jeans comes with a life-time service guarantee. All repairs on DENHAM jeans are complementary, whether they need to be stitched, darned or patched.
For more information on our in-store Service Co. visit our Sustainability section here.
If you purchase a pair of DENHAM virgin jeans with the aim of creating your unique wear pattern, then remember this! It's vitally important to wear them as much as possible in the beginning - all day, every day, even to sleep if you want. Don't worry about wearing them out too fast, as we've designed our jeans to last season after season, year in and year out.
Here is the DENHAM secret formula for creating the best and most unique wear pattern:
Wear your jeans as often as you can, for at least six months, before you wash them. This will ensure you the most beautiful wear effect and exclusive pattern. If you need to freshen your DENHAM jeans along the way, we recommend that you either hang them inside out in a steamy bathroom, hang them outside overnight or use our DENHAM Denim Refresh spray.