- What are cookies?
- What are the different cookies types we use?
- What if you don’t like cookies?
1. What are cookies?
Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ cookies or ‘session’ cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until a set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed. On our Services, we use both types of cookies. These cookies are necessary for the operation of our Services. For other types of cookies like advertising cookies, we need and ask your permission in advance.
We can distinguish ‘first-party cookies’ (cookies placed by Denham) and ‘third party cookies’ (cookies placed by a different party). Third-party cookies may follow you through various websites and various devices.
1) Recognize a computer/device when a user visits our Services;
2) Track a computer/device when you navigate on the Services;
3) Enable the use of a shopping bag on our Services;
4) Prevent fraud and improve the security of our Services;
5) Personalise the Services for each user;
6) Target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users;
7) Validate authenticated users sessions;
8) Facilitate the use of our Services search engine;
9) Collect statistical information about the number of visitors that use our Services.
10) Personalise content and ads to provide social media features and to analyse traffic.
We also share information about your use of our Services with our social media Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided you them or that they have collected from your use of their services. However, once you have used these plug-ins to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over what they do with your data. Therefore, we cannot be responsible nor liable for the protection and privacy of your data nor for their content. You should exercise caution and consult the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
3. What are the different cookie types we use?
Below, we have outlined the category of cookies we use and the purposes for which they are used. The law states that we can store ‘functional cookies’ on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our Services. For all other cookies, we need your permission. Our Services use different types of cookies. Some cookies are stored by third party services that appear on our pages (advertising cookies). You can, at any time, change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Statement. see chapter 4:
a. Functional cookies: these cookies are required for the basic functionality of the Services and are therefore always enabled. These cookies will remember you as you explore our Services. They help to facilitate the shopping bag and checkout processes and assist in security issues. Otherwise, the Services cannot function properly without these cookies.
b. Analytic cookies: these cookies are used to collect information in an anonymous and aggregate way. We use, for example, Google Analytics to collect statistics. Read more about this and the possibility to opt out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
c. Targeting or advertising cookies: these cookies are used to deliver relevant ads to you, and they limit the number of times that you see an ad. They also help us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
d. Unclassified cookies: these cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
e. Social Media cookies: we give you the opportunity to share content found on our Services via social media. For this, you can use the social media plug-ins. If you click on any of these, you will be redirected to the website of the relevant social media party. Once you click through, these parties place cookies.
4. What if you don’t like cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you do not have to accept them. You can choose to turn off the cookies by changing your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so take a look at how it works for your type of browser:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/articles/lso/
Please note that if you turn off cookies, you may not have access to some features and services on our Website. For example, if you turn off cookies, it will not be possible to place orders.
Denham the Jeanmaker B.V. - Last date of modification: January 2020