Our Services are managed by Denham. We respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and our customers and recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect from them. For this reason, we have instituted strict policies and security measures to protect your personal information.
- Information Denham collects about you
- How does Denham use the information you provide?
- Does Denham share your information with others?
- Social networks
- Protection and management of your personal information
- Contact us
1. Information we collect about you
We ask for certain personal information to provide you with the products or services you request (i.e., when you make a purchase, subscribe for our newsletter or create an account).
We collect several types of information, including:
1.1. Information you provide us
We may collect and process the following:
- Information you provide by creating an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, gender and date of birth;
- Information you provide by subscribing to our newsletter;
- Information you provide when ordering from our webshop, such as postal address and payment details;
- Information you provide such as records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Note that we do not collect or store any payment information on our servers. We do this through third parties with proper safeguards in place to secure any data or personal information obtained.
1.2. Information we get through your interaction with us
We may collect information when you visit or interact with our Website. This information includes traffic information, location information, and other communication information, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This is statistical information about our user’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. How do we use the information you provide?
Your personal information is collected and processed by us for purposes which are strictly connected to the use of our Services, its services and the purchase of our products. We may use the information in the following ways to set up and manage your account so you can place orders; so we can provide our products and our Services to you; so we can make sure that the items you order get to you and arrive on time; so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account;
- To ensure that our Services’ content is presented to you as effectively as possible;
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers;
- To provide you with the best service if you contact our Customer Service;
- To conduct market research and learn about how we can improve our product offerings;
- To make products and services better and to develop new ones;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of Services and products;
- To quickly process your order;
- To provide personal reminders by emails when products have been added to the shopping basket only if you have a registered account;
- To provide personal recommendation by email and push service (personalization): In connection with our services, we present information and offerings from Denham on the basis of your online behaviour and interests. You will receive these individual product recommendations from us regardless of whether you have subscribed to a newsletter. In accordance with the legal requirements, we use your previous shopping and interest data, which allow us to derive your product interests in view of the interests preferences and profile data you have shared with us, to select individual product recommendations.
If we wish to use your information for purposes/legal grounds other than listed in this Policy, we will ask for you consent if required by law.
3. Do we share your information with others?
We treat your information with care and confidentiality, and do not share, sell or trade your information with third parties other than as explicitly addressed in this Policy or when you have given your prior consent. We use third parties with proper safeguards in place to secure any data or personal information collected. To be able to carry out our business, we need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their partial fields, such as our core service providers. If these parties are processing data on behalf of Denham, we enter contracts (data processing agreements) with them to safeguard the same data protection and security level as Denham. We will also share your information when we are required to comply with a legal request or where we believe it is necessary to protect Denham
4. Social networks
On our Services you may find social plug-ins from various social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our Devices will also be made available to these social networks If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to our Websites or Apps, the social network might add this information to your profile on this network. We are not responsible for their use of data. Please check the privacy statement for each social network for further information.
5. Protection and management of your personal information
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information against any loss, alteration, access, or misuse. We also want you to have simple and meaningful choices over your information, so for that reason, we provide you with tools to manage the privacy and security of your information yourself.
5.1. Encryption and security
Denham has implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. All payment information provided by you is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect the information from unauthorised use. Besides SSL encryption, we use MasterCard SecureCode, which represents an extra level of security for you when placing an order. It protects you against the misuse of your card number. All payment details are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, security cannot be guaranteed.
5.2. Third party links
Our Devices may include links to external websites operated by other companies. These third-party links may collect personal information from visitors to their website. Denham has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
5.3. Retention of your information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if the law requires otherwise.
5.4. Location of your information
The storage of data processing is mainly in Europe, offering an adequate and appropriate level of protection. Only for our newsletters (mailing campaigns), we use a third party tooling Mailchimp that is located in the USA, however it meets the GDPR requirements (https://mailchimp.com/help/about-the-general-data-protection-regulation/).
5.5. Data protection rights
Our Devices generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have collected about you. If any information we have about you is not accessible through our Websites or Apps, you can send a request to our Customer Service for access to, update or to remove this information.
After receiving your request, we will verify your identity and provide you with an overview of the information we have about you. If you have received this information, you may ask us to make adjustments to certain information that is incorrect or remove certain information. Additionally, at any time you can revoke, effective for the future, your given consent for the newsletters and other advertising. For any questions concerning the collection, processing, or use of your personal data and concerning the assertion of your rights, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
With regard to the processing of your personal data, you also have the right to approach the responsible data protection authority – the Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
5.6. Email subscription
You can register for our Denham newsletter by submitting your email address in the newsletter module found at the bottom of any page on the Website or in the newsletter pop up. We don’t send the newsletter to online (or registered) visitors unless you have chosen to receive this. All of our email communication contains an unsubscribe button, so at any time you can easily opt-out from receiving future emails. You may also contact us to exercise your rights via our contact details.
If you are under the age of 18, we require that you inform and obtain parental or guardian consent before you provide us with your personal information.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions about our use of your information, how to exercise your rights, or about our Policies, you are welcome to contact us using the information below. You can contact our Privacy Officer (email@example.com). Or our webstore from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.(CEST) by telephone (+31 (0) 20 344 9139), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or whatsapp.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. Changes will be posted on our Devices. You will automatically be bound by the amended Policy. We advise you to read this Policy regularly so that you are aware of changes at all times.
* Last date of modification of this Policy: January 2020